Wednesday was a little different than Tuesday, as we never left the house, except for Zeb and Isaac to walk Sunny puppy in the afternoon and for me to go on a late walk with Gramma Joyce! We did accomplish a few homeschool tasks and are hoping to have a more consistent schedule and routine in place by next week!
Today, I made homemade macaroni and cheese with the kids. It was delicious! Isaac and Esther both helped to measure and pour and stir. Isaac and I talked about the various properties of water (liquid, gas, and solid) and viscosity (we watched the viscosity of the cheese sauce change as we cooked it over very low heat for quite a while).
We were supposed to cover math facts, the 1+ facts were on his agenda. We ended up watching a great little video with a song and he knows his 1+ facts through 12 without having to think very hard at all!
We also watched the old school Animaniacs songs with the countries of the world, the states and their capitols, and the presidents of the United States. So, we covered a little impromptu geography and history while we were at it!
Esther figured out how to use the Lego wrenches and has taken to building her own little creations that look like "nothing", but she thinks they are masterpieces. We, of course, let her believe it and listen attentively to her little stories about what she builds. I can't wait for her to have better speech so I can actually understand her and have a little better interaction with them.
We didn't journal about our trip to the zoo, but that's okay. I found a great place to print journal pages for Isaac, so we'll tackle that first thing today!
Thursday will hopefully bring some work on telling time to the half hour, and a basic addition worksheet, as well as, writing a journal entry for our zoo adventure. I also plan to help him build shapes and patterns with his Lego blocks and maybe bake something yummy!
No comments:
Post a Comment